Today makes three years that I have been married to my best friend. He is my person. I feel like being his wife is just a part of me. It is easy and natural.
I will try not to get too mushy but I sure do love the man. So much so that I will list the top ten reasons that I love him 🙂
1. He is kind. Hunter has never been mean to me or hurt my feelings intentionally. He chooses his words carefully when he is upset or angry. He doesn’t say things out of malice or just to win a fight with me… or anyone he loves.
2. He is respectful. This goes with the first one. He treats the people he loves with kindness and respect. He is never rude or hurtful.
3. He is strong. Both physically and mentally. If I ever break a leg or something it’s nice knowing he wouldn’t have to leave me to go get help. He could carry me. And when I feel defeated mentally, he lifts me up.
4. He is loyal. I know he will always be on my side. I think even if he knew I was wrong he would back me up.
5. He gets me. He laughs at my jokes. He knows sometimes I just like to be quiet. And sometimes I sing out loud and dance around the house. He loves all of my moods. Well, maybe not all…
6. He is funny. There isn’t a day that goes by where we don’t laugh together.
7. He is a good dad. He and Ainsley are smitten with each other. And it melts my heart.
8. He is confident. Most people that know him know there is no explanation needed here. Lol
9. He is protective. I always feel safe with him. I know he will do whatever necessary to keep Ainsley and me safe.
10. He aint bad on the eyes 😉
I love so much about him. But more than anything, he is just a good person. He loves deeply. He isn’t petty. He is trustworthy, mature, responsible. He is my perfect match.
Three years may not be a long time. But they have been three beautiful, joyful years that I would not trade for anything.
“Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man.” Salt N Pepa 😉
Yesterday, Ainsley had her 6 month check-up. She is growing at a perfect pace. She now weighs 18.5 lbs which puts her in the 87.9% for weight (she was in the 81% at 4 months) and she is 26.25 inches long. She only gained a quarter of an inch in length. We were waiting for the decline in length growth to happen. At 4 months, she was in the 95% for length. We all found this funny since neither Hunter or I are tall. She is now in the 66% for length. That’s more like it ;). We have just started giving her some fruits and vegetables. She has been exclusively breast fed until about 2 weeks ago. Her favorite foods are baked sweet potato, raw avocado, and cooked carrots.
Her list of tricks now include sitting up, walking in her walker, and she is becoming very vocal. She is a lot of fun these days!
One thing her doctor said though, that I can’t get out of my head was, the days are long but the weeks and months are so short. Isn’t this so true? Some days seem to drag on and on but before you know it you’re at another milestone, birthday or holiday.
Last year at this time, I was probably in bed wishing the days away, since I had severe morning sickness. And now I am holding my sweet girl who takes the best naps in my arms.
As I see everyone getting their babies ready for their first day of school, I hold Ainsley a little tighter. I, of course, want her to grow and be a happy, healthy girl and continue on to be a happy, healthy woman. But right now, I am happy to have a cuddly, squishy baby. Because I know the weeks, months and years will fly by.
Hunter and I are so blessed to be her parents. I thank God for Ainsley (and hunter) every day.
I prayed for them both before I knew them. They make my life so complete. I was made to be Hunter’s wife and Ainsley’s mom.
No doubt about it.
Ainsley 1-6 months
Ruth is actually our daughter’s middle name. Her name comes from two places, the Bible and family.
As part of mine and Hunter’s vows, we quoted Ruth1:16. “Where you go, I will go and where you stay I will stay. Your people my people and your God my God.” I think of this verse often. That I will always be by Hunter’s side. I love his family as my own and he feels the same about mine. Ruth was loyal. The Hebrew meaning of the name is friend. These are qualities I want to instill in my Ruth.
But more than anything, she was given this name after Hunter’s grandmother, who we call Mawmaw. Mawmaw is a huge part of our lives. If you are looking for a cheerleader, this is your lady. Ever since Hunter and I started dating, she has always made me feel welcome.
I look to her as the kind of woman I want to be. She always puts family first. And ask anyone that knows her, she is not afraid to tell you what she thinks. She is ALWAYS supportive and undoubtedly makes you feel loved.
I think a lot of people keep their feelings to themselves. They may think the sun shines out of your butt, but they never truly tell you how they feel. Not the case with Mawmaw. Every time she sees us she tells us she loves us. She has told me more times than I can count, how wonderful she thinks I am for Hunter. This means a lot to me since she thinks so highly of
presh Hunter. She has also told me that she thinks I am a good mom to Ainsley Ruth.
These short little sentences that she has spoken, mean more to me than I could ever explain. Sometimes, it’s nice to know that people are proud of you or that they approve of you.
I think a lot of us could strive to be more like Mawmaw. She is the kind of woman I want to be. And I want to raise my daughter to be like her great-grandmother, Ruth. A loving, spirited, strong woman.
Mawmaw Ruth and Ainsley Ruth